Order this card printed using a larger screen: desktop/laptop computer or tablet.
Category Description: Gmund Hemp
A Gmund exclusive and an ecological sensation, Hanf hemp cards made with 100%, 50%, or 10% European hemp fibers. The long hemp fibers that make up Hanf create cards that are strong, soft to the touch, and unique and natural in appearance. Hemp cards are available in several popular sizes to meet your sustainable packaging, branding, and stationery needs.
Good, Better, Best - What's the Difference?
Hanf is offered as Good, Better, and Best:
- Good (10% hemp & 90% pure pulp): Soft white in color, smooth to the touch
- Better (50% hemp & 50% recycled fiber): Off-white in color with natural inclusions with a natural, tactile finish
- Best (100% hemp): Made with pure European grown hemp, Best is ultra strong, tactile, and unique from card to card.
Order an official Gmund Hanf swatch book to see them all!
Why is hemp paper all the rage? Because it's super sustainable, smart, and simply beautiful. Here's some fun facts:
- Hemp fibers are naturally light so require less bleach than wood pulp paper
- A hemp field produces 4 to 5 times as much paper as a forest of the same size
- Hemp can be harvested 3 times a year. In comparison, a tree needs 7 years or more
- Hemp doesn't deplete soil, is naturally pest resistant, and doesn't give weeds a chance, so fewer pesticides and herbicides are needed
- Hemp fibers are 5 times longer than wood fibers. This not only creates a stronger paper, but a paper that can be recycled many more times.