Lined envelopes are a great way to complement and dress up stationery of all sorts. Whether greeting cards, invitations, or corporate correspondence, lined envelopes provide a splash of color and a polished, professional appearance.
At LCI, we offer hundreds of lined envelopes. Order qualities large or small, blank or printed. All are in stock, ready to ship, and ready to make your design pop!
Choose from two flap styles and a variety of formats to suit your taste and needs.
- Single Lined: - A lined envelope with a gum seal. Offered in square & pointed flaps (pointed in 5 5/16 x 7 5/8 size only).
- Double Lined: - A traditional inner and outer envelope set. Inner is lined and fits inside of outer mailing envelope. Offered in pointed & square flaps (square in A9/A10 set only).
- Inner Lined: - Just the inner envelope of our double envelope sets. Inner envelopes have no gum and require an alternative method of sealing.
Envelopes are lined with one of three styles of premium paper (pictured left to right, below):
- Matte: - Uncoated, matte finish paper
- Pearlescent: - Coated paper with a subtle sheen (not shiny like a foil, but reflects light)
- Metallic: - Mica coated paper with a subtle sparkle and an iridescent, metallic sheen
In order to provide quality lined envelopes at an affordable price, our envelopes are lined by machine and have a partial lining (about half way down into the envelope).
Most fully lined envelopes are lined by hand which would result in significantly higher prices.
If you want a fully or custom lined envelope, we offer all the tools for you to do it on your own.
Hand Lining Square Flap Envelopes
Hand lining square flap envelopes is more simple than lining euro or pointed flap envelopes, as liners are simply straight cut text paper.
- Purchase square flap liner paper
- Infographic: How to line square flap envelopes
- Tutorial: DIY monogram envelope liners
Hand Lining Euro Flap Envelopes
Euro or pointed flap envelope liners have to be cut by hand or die cut, making these hand lined envelopes more complex and time consuming.
The possibilities for lined envelopes are endless, but below are some of our favorite combos and ideas.
Metallic Pre-Lined Envelopes with Matching Card Stock
Simple and elegant, pair our metallic paper lined envelopes with our selection of matching metallic cards, papers, and envelopes.
Matt Pre-Lined Envelopes with Matching Gmund Papers
A polished and professional look, pair Gmund Colors Matt paper lined envelopes with matching Gmund Color System papers.
Pre-Cut Liners to Create Your Own
We offer dozens of colorful pre-cut liner papers for our square flap A size envelopes. This gives you the option to create your own custom lined envelope to pair with your card or invite.
Custom Printed Liners to Dress up Simple Cards
Want something a little more fun to dress up a simple design? Try our pattern envelope liners.
Or to Complement Your Design
Same story here, this Hawaiian theme save the date is complemented by a placid blue Hawaiian flower liner.
DIY Euro Liner Templates for Something Totally Unique
Hey, we can't cover every lined envelope need, so if you need something totally unique, use our euro flap liner templates to make your own!