For Something Refreshingly Different – Popsicle Shaped Save the Dates
For your summer wedding, Bat Mitzvah, birthday party, or even backyard barbecue, these fun and unique popsicle-shaped save the dates are just the way to announce your event and set the tone for fun!
To get this look, all you need is some card stock, a popsicle stick, and the templates and instructions we provide below. This design is simple to make and sure to please!
Let’s get started!
Here’s What You’ll Need
1. Download Printing Template
This template measures 8 1/2 x 11 and includes 4 popsicle shaped outlines, two of which contain text. The other two are used as blank backing cards. This way the popsicle stick can be sandwiched between the two layers.
2. Customize Your Text
Next, change the sample wording into your own save the date or invitation wording, and experiment with fonts, sizes, and colors to get the look that you like.
Note: The font featured on this card is Lobster Two – a free download from the internet.
Since this document is 8 1/2 x 11, no custom document set up is necessary. Just pop your card stock into your printer and let it go – nice and easy!
4. Cut Out All Popsicle Shapes
Next, cut the popsicle shapes from the card stock using scissors or an exacto knife, following the lines as a guide.
5. Glue the Card Stock and Popsicle Stick Together
- Glue the perimeter of the blank bottom layer
- Glue the perimeter of the back of the printed layer
- Cover a little less than half of your popsicle stick in glue
- Place the two layers on top of one another with the stick between so as to sandwich it in, pressing firmly around the edge to make sure everything is tightly adhered
- When the glue is dry, trim all the edges to make sure the layers are neat and even
Note: The popsicle measures approximately 5 inches, and your envelope is 7 1/4 inches wide. When placing your popsicle stick, be sure not to place it so far down that your finished product will be too long to fit into the envelope.