Autumn Invitation Inspiration
If you are a fan of clean and simple style, perhaps this booklet style Autumn Brown Invitation with natural & seasonal overtones caught your eye. A very basic combination of a horizontal book fold card, two insert cards, and a decorative ribbon embellishment, this design offers a simple way to organize your invitation and reception cards in one neat folder. In the tutorial below, you will find step by step instructions for replicating the exact design you see here. However, if earthy browns are not your thing and you wish to use your own color scheme, handy links to similar products are provided.
If this is a design you want to tackle, read on for more detail!
Order this kit as we made it for $2.80 or less per invitation
Materials To Customize This Invitation
- 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 (A7) Invitation Envelopes – Color Ecru
Book Fold Card
- 5 1/8 x 7 (A7) Horizontal Book Fold Cards – Color Vice Versa Pinus
8 1/2 x 11 Japanese Printable Modern Classics Papers
- Japanese Printable Modern Classics Papers – Obonai Cream
- Chiffon Invitation Ribbon – Color Brown (18″ per invitation with 4″ ribbon tails)
- Large Paper Trimmer or Preferred Cutting Tool – to cut 8 1/2 x 11 insert layers
- Glue or Double Sided Tape – to adhere Modern Classics layers to book folder
Instructions for Assembly
Complete Invitation Model:
When ordering the materials for your Autumn Brown Wedding Invitation Design at the LCI Paper online store you can expect:
- Book Fold Cards pre-cut to size and pre-scored. No extra handling is required.
- Printable Japanese Obonai Cream Paper is 8 1/2 x 11. Custom cutting will be required.
Before printing your invitation text, cut down the Japanese Obonai Cream paper to yield the separate invitation layers you see below.
1. Cut (2) 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 Layers from (1) 8 1/2 x 11 Obonai Cream Paper
Using a paper trimmer, scissors, or other preferred cutting tool cut your printable invitation layers from the 8 1/2 x 11 sheets
- Cut two 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 inch invitation layers from one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.
2. Download Word Templates for 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 Invitation Layers
Next, download your Word templates for your 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 inch invitation layers from the “Download Templates” section above.
- Word templates are correctly sized to 4 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches
- Templates include brown flower graphic as seen in photo
- Templates include sample invitation and reception wording as seen in photo, in standard Arial font
3. Customize Word Documents
Note: The font pictured here is Trajan Pro.
4. Print Invitation Layers
After customizing your invitation and reception cards, you will be ready to print.
We encourage you to watch our video for detailed information on printing custom sized invitations using your home computer and printer.
5. Adhere Printed Layers to Book Fold Card
Next, adhere the printed layers to the inside of the book fold card. You can do this with adhesive or double sided tape, whichever you prefer.
6. Embellish with Ribbon
Last, embellish your booklet with ribbon. Tie ribbon around the spine of the folder as shown below, or tie the ribbon into a decorative bow around the whole folder so that guests have to untie it to reveal the invitation inside.
Have you created a custom invitation design? We would love to learn more! Tell us about it, or, submit it to our Share Your Creativity Program